Friday 12 December 2014

DIY: Personalized Mug


Hey, everyone! I'm soooo sorry for being gone for so long. I was quite busy with school, did a lot of traveling over the summer, and I couldn't find the time to be consistent with my blog.
Anyways! Since its the Holiday season, I wanted to share an DIY gift you can give to anyone! This gift is also great for those who love to drink tea and coffee! Luckily for me, the people I choose to give these gifts to are coffee and tea addicts!

Here are the materials you will need:
- Plain white ceramic cups (you can use colored cups if you like)
- Paint Marker or any oil-based marker/ ceramic pen
- An oven
- & your creativity!

My plain white cups I got from a home-appliance store:


My Paint Marker:

First, I washed the cups and let it air dry. Another method I found was to get white distilled vinegar and wipe it on the area you are going to write or draw. 
You can basically put anything and eveything you want! For this project, I decided to just keep mine simple by adding the gift receiver's names for it to be more personalized for them. Feel free to add you own creativity.

Don't worry if you make a mistake! Using white distilled vinegar with a cotton ball or paper towel will do the trick :)
When I was done with the mugs, I put it into the oven at 325F. (I did not pre-heat the oven!) I left it in there for 30-35 minutes, turned off the oven, and left the mugs in there until it was completely cool. The next day, I washed it again, and boom! 

Here is my finished product:


And since I was giving this as Christmas gifts, I wrapped them in cellophane, and added my personalized gift tag.



This was a fun project for me to do! It was affordable too. The mugs were only $1.95, and the paint marker was only $2.00. I made a total of six mugs for under $15.00!





post signature